Wednesday, January 6, 2010

R.I.P. Gillyweed

Two weeks ago today, my beloved Betta fish (Gillyweed) died. I had kinda been expecting it because he'd been kinda depressed lately. He wouldn't come to the top of the bowl when I tried to feed him, and usually when I'd talk to him he'd get all excited and flap his fins back and forth, but not anymore. He just sat there.

Anyways his passing on got me thinking, and I decided that Betta fish are a prime example and living proof that people need people (or in this case fish need fish). Betta fish are known for their aggression. They can't be around other fish without attacking, including their own mate and spawn. They also don't live very long lives.

As living organisms we need that interaction. We need attention, and adoration, and contention, we need people. As much as we try to be independent, so we can say we did it by our selves, or so we can avoid getting hurt, or for whatever reason, life can't be lived alone. So next time you're annoyed, aggravated, or just plain sick of one of your people remember, people are better then no people.

....as for Gillyweed, no fish will ever be as amazing as that little red guy. I will never forget you G weed.

2 comments:

Laurel Rasmussen said...

G baby will always be remembered. I will never forget the way gilly would flap her fins at me. R.I.P.

Thank you for posting. :)

Amanda said...

I'M SO SAD ABOUT GILLYWEED. D: