Monday, January 4, 2010

The Inbetween Stage

I've reached that weird awkward inbetween stage, that everyone has to go through a some point. Inbetween teenager and adult, inbetween being the child and the parent, inbetween dependent and independent, but mostly inbetween here and there. When going home became my vacation, I realized I didn't really belong anywhere. I don't have anything here that I couldn't find somewhere else. I don't mean this to sound bad, or like i'm lost and confused. I'm just simply inbetween.

This is what I have to say reguarding being inbetween. There is a perminate sense of longing to find out exactly where it is you are going. It's like you've boarded the train, but you don't know where you are headed. So, not only do you not know when you will be getting off, you also don't know where it is you'll get off at. Once you've realized this, you'll also realize there is only so much you can do to plan and prepare for you're future. What if you packed sun dresses and a swimsuit and end up in northern Russia? On the other hand if you try to pack one of everything you'll still end up pretty empty handed, because everyone knows a girl can't wear the same outfit everyday. Still, if you spend all your time worrying, you'll forget to enjoy the ride, and what a pity that would be because the senerey is simply amazing.

So, the conclusion I have found to this predicament is to pack my most favorite pieces, including a pair of very lucky underwear, and pray for the best.
...and that's all anyone can do really, because there is just no way of telling what's ahead.

2 comments:

Brooke Shoko said...

amen.

Laurel Rasmussen said...

haha. this made my night when you read it to me. glad you're my roommate.