Wednesday, September 5, 2012

V.I.M. - Vomit In Mouth

Being in the business of creating is scary. You have to put a part of yourself out there. Out there for criticism, mockery, and judgement. It is a part of you, how can you not take it personal. There is no right answer. No amount of studying will make you any better. Either you have it, or you don't. It is a risk, a chance, and a hell of a gamble. Every class, every assignment, every design. Find me another major that brings on that kind of a challenge.

Vim. That was the name I came up with for our "All Natural Energy Drink." Honestly I was quite fond of it.  I pinned it up on the board with all the others, and my teacher actually didn't hate it... until out of the corner I hear. "haha V.I.M. like vomit in mouth? ...that is what me and my friends used to say when we were younger."
Everyone laughed at the irony. ..except me.

Really?

"Boo, you whore."


1 comment:

Maile and Mitchell said...

Emily I love this! This is why you are amazing though because you're totally right. I have never been able to put myself out there artistically because I hate being judged. You are brave and I love VIM. :) and you.