Monday, March 12, 2012

Day 4 - Sleepwalkers 101

Last night I woke up from the sound of crying, which is a nightly ritual in Nannyville.
I got out of bed to find the culprit. ..she was pacing in the hallway, just sobbing.
She was crying to hard she could barely talk, I figured she probably missed her mom, or had to go to the bathroom. When I asked her, she caught her breath and replied in complete gibberish. 
I asked her again, thinking I heard wrong, but I hadn't. She was definitely asleep.
I tried to wake her up, it was impossible.
She started running through the house turning all the lights on. When I tried to calm her down, she told me she had to go to the bathroom. So I told her to go, she walked to the kitchen, so I redirected her to the bathroom.
She stood in front of the toilet for a minute, looked up at me and said, "Now what?"
I started laughing and she just started crying again, "NOW WHAT?"
I told her what to do step by step, after each she would say, "Now what?"
After a few more minutes of her sobbing and yelling, I took her back to bed. She fell asleep in like 2 seconds. I guess I should have tried that first.

I don't even remember what it is like to sleep through the night uninterrupted. 

No comments: