Sunday, March 28, 2010

Hello, this is your conscience...

Sometimes I worry about being too desensitized, but then my conscience sets in. It's undeniable and definitely not ignorable. For me it's pretty much physical illness. I get a shaky and I get this terrible stomach ache to the point where I think I'm either going to throw up or pass out. I can't concentrate, until it is taken care of. Is this normal? I have no idea, but in time I've come to realize that it is one of the greatest blessings in the world. When it's to the point that you cannot physical function until you have set things right, it's kind of hard to do the wrong thing. Not to say that I don't do the wrong thing...lets be real here, but I have never done the wrong thing and felt fine about it.

So today I was thinking about this in terms of driving. It's like you've got a destination programed into your GPS, you make a wrong turn and that insanely annoying lady comes on to tell you that you've gone off course and you need to turn around, and she doesn't stop until you do as she says. How stupid are we if we just keep driving in the wrong direction? Maybe we think that we can find an alternative way back, perhaps the music is up so loud that we can't hear her, or maybe we just think we are mistaken in what we are hearing. Well, wrong, wrong, and wrong. Just turn around, the farther you go the longer and harder it will be to get back. As for those who don't hear, there is approximately 3 seconds between songs, 3 seconds. Not a lot of time, but plenty enough to here her plea...turn back. Finally, it's better to be safe then sorry. You don't want to end up in the middle of no where on an empty tank wondering how you got here.

Sure it's frustrating that even though the path is clearly laid out we still fall off course. But we shouldn't worry, just as sure as the beeping sound of the GPS, he will not fail us. We will surely know, and the decision will be ours.

No comments: