Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Planning is Everything

I don't consider myself a planner. I procrastinate, and wing just about everything that I do. It's a terrible habit.  Impossible to break. One the other hand, it seems I have to make these plans, or set out these ideas at least, of how I think my life is going to be. I honestly try not to do it, because it is utterly pointless. It never, and I mean never, turns out how I plan. You think I would have learned my lesson.
As it turns out, I haven't.

I seriously lay in bed at night, trying to arrange it all out, making list in my head. It actually keeps me up. I'm going to marry this person, or get this job, or move to this certain place. But next thing I know that place, that job, that person... is out of the picture. It almost seems like anything I can scrounge up to build off of, disappears just as I work it all out.

Dwight Eisenhower once said, "Plans are nothing, planning is everything."

I pray that holds truth.

No comments: